Tuesday, February 20, 2024
More
    HomeEuropeKazakhstanGirl, 14, killed in her sleep by exploding phone

    Girl, 14, killed in her sleep by exploding phone

    A SCHOOLGIRL was killed in her sleep after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept, according to reports.

    Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

    Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, KazakhstanCredit: East2west News
     The schoolgirl was found dead after her mobile phone’s battery apparently burst into flames

    The schoolgirl was found dead after her mobile phone’s battery apparently burst into flames

    The next morning, Alua was found dead after the phone’s battery is said to have exploded close to her head.

    Police confirmed that her device had been plugged into a power socket at the time.

    She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries as a result of the blast and died on the spot.

    When paramedics were called by her devastated relatives, they were unable to resuscitate her, saying that she had been dead for some time.

    Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile had exploded in the early hours of the morning after overheating as it charged, and this was the cause of her death, said local reports.

    Her passing was described as a “tragic accident”.

    ‘TRAGIC ACCIDENT’

    Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted on social media: “I still cannot believe it.

    “You were the best. We have been together since childhood.

    “It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much.

    “You have left me forever.”

    Alua’s death follows a string of deaths involving mobile phones in Russia and other countries.

    Liliya Novikova, 26 – dubbed Russia’s “most beautiful poker player” – was found dead from a suspected massive electric shock in her bathroom.

    And earlier this year, an ex-soldier from Britain said the back of his Android handset ‘flew off and caught fire’ when he attempted to manually reset the device.

    He was trying to restart his Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone when it became alight in the palm of his hand.

     The schoolgirl was found dead in her home in in Bastobe, Kazakhstan

    The schoolgirl was found dead in her home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan
     Her device had been plugged in to a power socket, said police

    Her device had been plugged into a power socket, said police
     Alua with her best friend, Liliya Novikova

    Alua with her best friend, Liliya Novikova
    - Advertisement -
    RELATED ARTICLES
    - Advertisment -

    Most Popular